Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Purple Smokey Quickie ;-)

Hello Girlies!!!  This is going to be a post about a look that I created this morning as I was preparing for work (very serious stuff).  I have named it a Quickie Purple Smokey Eye because it took me literally 10 minutes to complete from start to finish.  My later looks will be documented step by step with pictures of each product, but I really wanted to share this one now even though I have not done a step by step tutorial on it for this blog.

So as you can see it looks like a smokey eye with just a slight purple hue.  I wanted to do a smokey eye with a slight twist and I thought purple would be the absolute bestest color to achieve that.  The purple I used for this look came from the BH Cosmetics 88 Shimmer Palette.  I will be doing a review of this palette very soon, but let me just say that I love love love it!!!! 

I wanted to show that even a really smoked out eye, if done tastefully, can be appropriate for work.  In the crease of my lids I used the blackest black from the  BH Cosmetics 88 Shimmer Palette, basically blending it into the purple and over my brow bone to achieve the smikey aspect of the look.  As a highlight (below my eyebrow) I used the third gold from the bottom of the same palette. 

And finally....the overall look!!!!  I paired my smokey eye with a Revlon shade that is one of my absolute favs called Berry Haute.  Love that shade to pieces ladies!  Closeup of this shade on the lips below:
Ok Lovies, that wraps up this post.  I hope it was helpful or at least entertaining :-). 

Peace and Love.......

2 comments: