Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beauty Defined?

Hey Beauties!  An article was shown to me today from BlissTree.com (illustrating the picture below of plus sized model, Katie Halchishick) that made me wonder what beauty really is.  In society, there are many standards of beauty that create "boxes" for us as women to fit into; fat, skinny, thin, average, ugly, cute, hot etc.  These "boxes" drive us to unhealthy and sometimes obsessive extremes to achieve the perfect social image of beauty. 


In my opinion, this woman's body is beautiful!  The lines drawn all over her show where society would prefer her proportions to be. 

*RANT ALERT*

Now, let me be straight up and say that this pisses me off!  Why exactly does anyone's waistline have to be the size of a toddlers for them to be considered beautiful or sexy or desirable???  Are we so far gone that we constantly buy into the propaganda of thinner is better???  WHAT ABOUT BEING HEALTHY???!!!!

*END OF RANT*

Sorry guys, I get really offended when a beautiful woman is subjected to unnecessary critique because her curves prevent her from squeezing into society's "boxes".  To me,  beauty must radiate from the spirit and the soul.  Being sexy to me means being confident and true to self.  How can we expect our men to love or desire us when we can't stomach our own reflections?  I am a firm believer of the phrase, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" because beauty can be so many different things to so many different people.  Beauty comes in black, white, short, tall, plump or petit.  Beauty can be found in EVERYONE!

Don't get me wrong, because for HEALTH reasons such as obesity etc women may need to shed some extra pounds but let us remember that HEALTH is key and not IMAGE.

Peace and Love Girlies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment